| Check out the newest decks in our Fresh Decks page! | Play with the new Electro Dragon with the best Electro Dragon Decks!|
Check out what's new in the November 5, 2018 Balance Update!
Hello, I'm Ic3Box and welcome to my very first deck posted officially. I have been playing this game for some years, and I have never spend money on it for gems, gold, etc. I have tried to keep myself clean, and see where I can get!
Playing with the Mega Knight in the Challenge and unlocking him from the Legendary Chest at 9 wins was awesome. I personally consider this card a very 'OP' one, if played correctly.
After unlocking it, I found myself searching for a deck online, but the ones I found weren't the best. So I started creating my own one, until I found the best combination of cards.
This deck has been tested and worked in Arena 10. You may need to practice it a little bit before using it for trophies!
Mega Knight, Lumberjack, Musketeer, Wizard, Hog Rider, Minions, Clone and Skeleton Army.
- Mega Knight - Can either be used for offense or defense. Use it to smash through Barbarians, Skeleton Armies, and more. Its tankiness makes him offensive, as well as his area damage, which enables him to clear out the Skeleton Armies.
- LumberJack - Deals damage very quickly and drops Rage after he dies. Use this to defend your towers if nothing else is available (from Mages, Knights, etc.). Drop him right after the Mega Knight in a push or make him a tank for other units.
- Musketeer - In combination with Lumberjack and if left unattended, can get 1 crown easily. Also acts as a support troop!
- Wizard - Clear out waves of Minion Hordes, Skeleton Armies, Goblin Gangs. More defensive card than offensive, but the Wizard can play both roles.
- Minions - Use this in order to protect the tower from Lava Hounds, Balloons, and pretty much anything.
- Skeleton Army - Defensive, I think that anyone knows how to use this, when, and why. Also, can be used to punish the opponent for using the Zap, Arrows, etc. by dealing tons of damage very fast, if tanked by someone else.
- Clone - Use this when the opponent doesn't have the Zap, Arrows, etc. or is very low on elixirs. If you master this card, you can end up getting 3 crowns very fast.
- Hog Rider - Your main damage source on towers. In a combination of Mega Knight, Lumberjack, and Hog Rider, nothing ends well for the enemy. Just make sure that the Hog Rider doesn't take the damage, and it's tanked by either Lumberjack or Mega Knight.
Your play style with this deck will be based on counter-attacks.
Play defense first. Start by putting a Musketeer or a Wizard behind the main tower. Wait for the opponent to make a move then defend. Afterwards, keep going in with a counter push, using the Hog Rider.
Otherwise, while the opponent is trying to make a push, force him to defend or take advantage of his playing style by placing a Hog Rider on the other lane.
Use the cards as described.
A game for me generally goes like this:
I place the Wizard/Musketeer behind the main tower, going for the left lane. This way, I won't let the elixir to stack more than it has to.
After he places his cards for push, identify them then find their counter card in your deck. There is a counter card in this deck for 99% of the cards.
If he still didn't place anything, then I will place a tank card in front of the Wizard/Musketeer and go for a little push, forcing him to defend and counter-attack.
After that, depending on the cards he pushes with, I defend my tower then go for a counter-attack, using the Hog Rider + a tank for him (Lumberjack/Mega Knight), depending on the elixir I have.
I take one crown, then defend my towers. When possible, IF possible, I do another attack on the other tower, not the main one. This depends if the opponent is low on elixir after the push on me.
Also, I love to place a hog on the other lane, separate from where he is pushing, but not before I place my defending cards. With this, I force him to spend some elixir on defending it and reducing his push troops.
Golem: Medium matchup.
The Lumberjack + Wizard can take this one down pretty fast with low damage on the tower.
Balloon: Easy/Medium matchup.
As I said, the Musketeer + Wizard can bring it down very fast. If you are low on elixir, you can use the Minions, or the Minions + Musketeer / Wizard.
Inferno Tower/Dragon: Hard matchup.
It can bring down your Mega Knight very fast. They should be destroyed before they do damage. If the Inferno Dragon is used on a push, use the minions for tanking and putting it down. The Inferno Tower can be destroyed with the Musketeer or a Skeleton Army. However, there will be some casualties.
Goblin gang/Skeleton army/Minion Horde: Easy matchup.
For the ground ones, use the Mega Knight and continue pushing. If low on elixir, use the Wizard or the Minions. When facing the Minion Horde, use the Wizard.
Goblin Barrel: Easy matchup.
Put the Skeleton Army right in the tower so they take the damage and kill the Goblins. You can use the Musketeer too, or if they are spawned in the same place and you have enough elixir, put the Mega Knight then continue pushing.
Giant / Royal giant : Easy/Medium matchup.
The Skeleton Army, 'for the win'. If they Zap/Arrow/Poison etc. them, then use the Lumberjack on it. If the Giant is followed by a Wizard, then put the Lumberjack right next to the Wizard so he kills him and takes the splash damage. After that, put the Skeleton Army for the Giant right after placing the Lumberjack.
PEKKA: Medium/Hard matchup.
The Skeleton Army takes it out. Also, Minions can kill it fast enough. They can Zap, Arrow, or Poison them. If this happens, put the Lumberjack and tank it by using some other cards.
Hog Rider: Easy matchup.
Lumberjack takes it out fast enough for the Hog to do only one hit. Also, dropping the Mega Knight on your opponent's Hog Rider push can kill it as fast as the Lumberjack, taking out spam troops or Wizards too.
Lava Hound: Easy/Medium matchup.
Minions, Wizard, and Musketeer. If you use them, the damage is low to none on your tower. Now, it depends on the cards you have and the elixir you have. Just use everything that deals aerial damage. And make sure to protect them from ground troops.
- Can be used either defensive, or offensive.
- Can get 3 crowns pretty fast.
- Some of the cards can be replaced with your needs. Just play and see what should be in the deck in order to make it better FOR YOU!
Works good vs. aggressive decks on ground, decks that have Elite Barbarians. They can be countered by the Mega Knight , Skeleton Army or even Wizard. Also, the Musketeer + Wizard combo can bring down a Balloon very fast. Also, this deck can beat decks that have Mega Knights as well.
- The deck is not very cheap on elixir, and must also time it well. You need to practice when it is better to let a tower take some damage, save elixir then push for their tower, rather than spending elixir on a defensive card.
- Inferno Towers or Inferno Dragons can end up the Mega Knight pretty fast.
If you feel like adding a Zap instead of Clone, or even an Electro Wizzard, then go for it!
I have found that Sparky decks can be a little bit annoying. Just redirect the Sparky into another unit, like the Lumberjack, while a Wizard or Musketeer destroys it!
- If you do not have a card for this build, try finding a replacement for him. So, let's say you do not have Lumberjack. Have you tried using only the Rage Spell? Or maybe a Knight? Try to find the best replacement!
- Replace some cards to suit your needs and your general style of play, if needed.
- You can try to start first with a push, but you will most likely end with the tower destroyed after the enemy counter-attacks you.
Rate this Deck!
Share your thoughts in our comment section below!
If you like this article, please follow us:
#ClashRoyale Poll and Pulse:— Clash Royalepedia (@crpedia_com) October 2, 2018
How are you after the October 2018 Balance update?
|Electro Dragon • Goblin Giant • Royal Recruits • Royal Hogs • All Card Profiles|
|Clash Royalepedia - Main Pages|
|Guides • Tips • Strategy • Clan Battles • Legendary Glitch? • Site Updates • Deck Builder • SUBMIT A DECK • User Submitted Decks|
|Clash Royale Arena|
|Arena 2 • Arena 3 • Arena 4 • Arena 5 • Arena 6 • Arena 7 • Arena 8 • Arena 9 • Arena 10 •|
|Card Deck Strategies|
Bandit • Bats • Battle Ram • Bowler • Cannon Cart • Dart Goblin • Electro Dragon • Electro Wizard • Elite Barbarians • Executioner • Flying Machine • Giant • Goblin Giant • Golem • Graveyard • Heal • Hog Rider • Hunter Decks • Ice Wizard • Inferno Dragon • Lava Hound • The Log • LumberJack • Magic Archer • Mega Knight • Miner • Night Witch • P.E.K.K.A • Prince • Princess • Rascals • Royal Ghost • Royal Hogs • Royal Recruits • Sparky • Sparky • Tornado • Zappies Decks • All Card Decks
- gigant -- 09:36, 1 July 2018 (UTC)
- Niraj -- 14:03, 24 December 2017 (UTC)
- Niraj -- 14:00, 24 December 2017 (UTC)
- Mega thenks you -- 21:32, 14 December 2017 (UTC)
- I love how compatible this deck is, offense and defense can switch roles pretty efficiently, would use this in arena 11 and above -- 23:40, 31 October 2017 (UTC)