| Check out the newest decks in our Fresh Decks page! | Play with the new Electro Dragon with the best Electro Dragon Decks!|
Check out what's new in the November 5, 2018 Balance Update!
- 1 Deck Overview & Proof of Working
- 2 Clash Royale Cards:
- 3 Deck Strategy:
- 4 This Deck is Good Against:
- 5 If you like this article, please follow us:
- 6 Daily Poll:
- 7 Clash Royalepedia Navigation Box:
Deck Overview & Proof of Working
This deck revolves around the Hog Rider and his many combos. You can also use the Bandit's versatility by adding cheap cycle units with her push. With a couple of support units in hand, defending and counter-pushing is never been this easy.
- Deck Name: Hog Bandit Barrel Offensive Deck
- Working in: Arena 10
- Submitted by: Tan
- Clan Name: LemonNation / Clash Royale Name: Tan
Proof of Working:
I started using this deck when I was near the bottom of Arena 9, and it has let me push up from around 2650 trophies to around 3400 trophies.
Clash Royale Cards:
|Hog Bandit Barrel Offensive Deck by ‘’’Tan’’’. Submit your User Decks here!|
- Hog Rider – main win condition
- The Log – good support spell, helps with taking out large swarms, stopping smaller pushes, and supporting the Hog) (If you don't have The Log, you can try to substitute Zap or Arrows)
- Goblin Barrel - secondary win condition, good support card to play with Hog, does lots of damage if unattended, good chip damage in general
- Princess – good defensive card to play against swarms, good support for Hog, good chip damage in general) (If you don't have Princess, you can try to substitute Arrows or Archers)
- Ice Golem - good card to use with Hog, amazing defensive card, especially if used as a distraction for splash
- Bandit - good card for taking out glass cannons, good offensive card with support, secondary win condition) (I really recommend using this, but if you need to you can try to substitute Knight, Valkyrie, or Mega Minion)
- Goblin Gang – good support card to use with Hog, good chip card, good defensive card against single-target units and decent defensive card overall
- Minion Horde - good defensive card against most cards, very high dps, can shut down big pushes if not dealt with
- Note from Tan: I have not actually tested out the substitutes for the legendary cards so I'm not sure how they will work.
The goal is to keep the opponent on their feet and punish them hard for any mistakes. There are many high dps cards that deal substantial damage if not dealt with. Some good combos:
- Hog + Goblin Gang, Goblin Barrel, Ice Golem, Princess or Log.
- Bandit + Goblin Gang, Goblin Barrel, Princess, Minion Horde (Minion Horde + Bandit actually usually works very well if the opponent does not have a Fireball ready. Many cards that counter Minion Horde are weak to Bandit, and vice versa.)
- Ice Golem + Goblin Barrel, (especially if the opponent has 1 tower down, you throw the Goblin Barrel, and as it is about to land, place the ice golem in the center of their side to distract both towers)
- Goblin Gang, Princess (for chip damage)
- Once you get to double elixir, you need to think fast and try to defend their pushes while doing chip damage and pushing back whenever you can.
Beginning of the Game:
- Look at your hand quickly, see if you have any early combos to play.
- Sometimes the opponent won't be ready and will have a late response, allowing you to gain an edge.
- Hog + Goblin Barrel/Goblin Gang, Bandit + Goblin Gang, and Goblin Gang + Goblin Barrel are especially good. (You can also add an Ice Golem to any of these combos if you have it available)
- Minion Horde + Bandit can be extremely useful but is very risky, since if your opponent has a Fireball they will gain a substantial elixir advantage.
- Throughout the beginning, make sure you can counter your opponent's pushes and try to gain an elixir/health advantage. Even if you fall behind a little bit, make sure to minimize your opponent's advantage.
Middle of the Game:
- Start using more combos, to try to deal as much damage as possible to your opponent's towers, but focus more on making sure you don't lose any towers or take too much damage. I use this primarily to prepare myself for double elixir.
- Double Elixir is where this deck shines, although it really does require you to play smart.
- If the opponent is aggressive, play defensively but try to throw in chip damage, primarily by using Goblin Barrel and Hog Rider.
- If the opponent is playing defensively, try to overwhelm them by cycling as fast as possible to your Goblin Barrel and Hog Rider, or by splitting your attack between their 2 side towers (if your opponent still has both) or their side tower and their king tower. This will divert their attention, and you can try to take advantage of them when they place a counter on 1 side by using a card that it counters on the other side.
- If you are ahead and the opponent is desperately trying to take down one of your towers to even it out, focus on defending it but try to also use Hog Rider, Goblin Barrel, and Minion Horde on their other tower, since they will be forced to divert their attention and defend against those or they will lose their other tower.
- The defensive strategy of this deck relies on playing smart and using combos to counter your opponent.
- The Ice Golem is an amazing defensive card that can take out smaller swarms and act as a distraction for mini tanks and glass cannons.
- If the opponent has a powerful glass cannon such as Wizard or Musketeer, wait for it to get within your tower's range and place the Ice Golem.
- The Ice Golem by itself with tower support can take out a lone Wizard or Musketeer if used correctly. Use this card strategically with other high dps cards to take down pushes. For example, against Giant + Witch, you can place the Ice Golem to distract the witch, then drop Minion Horde or Goblin Gang to quickly take it out, as well as stop the Giant before it does a lot of damage.
- If you can't fully defend a push, you can also use it to distract tanks for a long period of time. (Valkyries, Knights, Mini Pekka for a short period of time)
- Bandit is good for taking out glass cannons like Wizard and Musketeer and can be used as a substitute for Ice Golem against weaker splash units such as the Witch and sometimes Bowler.
- Minion Horde can take out most units that don't have splash AND target air simultaneously and is good for dealing with tanks, such as Valkyrie, Knight, P.E.K.K.A., (if you have a distraction) Giant, and Golem. (don't place it on top of in front of the Golem, try to place it off to the side so it won't get hit by the Golem's death damage)
This Deck is Good Against:
This deck is good against most slower paced decks and some beatdown decks. If your opponent places a Golem behind their king tower, or an Elixir Collector, try to use the fact that they are out of elixir against them by pushing the other side hard. They will hardly be able to defend, if at all, and even if they succeed in doing some damage back, it will most likely not be available to balance out what you did to them. This deck is ok against other fast paced decks and cycle decks, but it just requires you to think fast and outsmart the opponent. Against spell bait, this deck usually does pretty well, since Ice Golem, Princess, Log, and Minion Horde can counter most of the opponent's pushes.
This Deck is Bad Against:
This deck is countered by some spawner heavy decks and by some control decks. Against spawner heavy decks, the buildings take some time to start taking effect, so try to use that time to take down one of their towers. After you have an advantage, keep cycling to your Princess and Log, since they are best at countering the swarms produced by the buildings. If you are still ahead of them by double elixir, just start spamming troops (do it strategically, don't do stupid things like place a Goblin Gang next to a Valkyrie, or a Bandit in the middle of a swarm) and hope that you can survive the onslaught until the time runs out. This is how I have been able to defeat at least some spawner heavy decks. Against control decks that seem to counter your entire deck, try to play defensively. Learn how they counter your cards, and try to bait their counters. If they make a mistake, try to take advantage of it by pushing hard, but you're unable to deal much damage, just go for a draw.
Rate this Deck!
Share your thoughts in our comment section below!
If you like this article, please follow us:
#ClashRoyale Poll and Pulse:— Clash Royalepedia (@crpedia_com) October 2, 2018
How are you after the October 2018 Balance update?
|Electro Dragon • Goblin Giant • Royal Recruits • Royal Hogs • All Card Profiles|
|Clash Royalepedia - Main Pages|
|Guides • Tips • Strategy • Clan Battles • Legendary Glitch? • Site Updates • Deck Builder • SUBMIT A DECK • User Submitted Decks|
|Clash Royale Arena|
|Arena 2 • Arena 3 • Arena 4 • Arena 5 • Arena 6 • Arena 7 • Arena 8 • Arena 9 • Arena 10 •|
|Card Deck Strategies|
Bandit • Bats • Battle Ram • Bowler • Cannon Cart • Dart Goblin • Electro Dragon • Electro Wizard • Elite Barbarians • Executioner • Flying Machine • Giant • Goblin Giant • Golem • Graveyard • Heal • Hog Rider • Hunter Decks • Ice Wizard • Inferno Dragon • Lava Hound • The Log • LumberJack • Magic Archer • Mega Knight • Miner • Night Witch • P.E.K.K.A • Prince • Princess • Rascals • Royal Ghost • Royal Hogs • Royal Recruits • Sparky • Sparky • Tornado • Zappies Decks • All Card Decks
- Deck is huinja -- 21:45, 1 September 2017 (UTC)
- Deck is huinja -- 21:45, 1 September 2017 (UTC)