| Check out the newest decks in our Fresh Decks page! | Play with the new Electro Dragon with the best Electro Dragon Decks!|
Check out what's new in the November 5, 2018 Balance Update!
Overview and Strength:
This deck's strategy is one of the most basic technique in Clash Royale. A beatdown deck with the Giant as a tank and the Balloon as its main win condition. It also has 5 common cards that you can easily ask in clan donations for a faster leveling.
The strength of this deck is its ability to cycle. Its average elixir cost is only 3.1 with just the Giant and Balloon as its heaviest. You can easily cycle back for another push or lure and destroy the enemy's push.
See more Deck Strategies in Clash Royalepedia:
No Legendary Giant-Loon Deck:
- Archers - Cheap and versatile. You can use them to lure incoming units in the middle or against aerial troops. Make sure that you use the Knight to tank if you want to bring down a Baby Dragon, Inferno Dragon, and other flying troops.
- Balloon - Main win condition. Put it behind a tanker like your Giant or Knight.
- Bats - Very effective counter against Infernos. Zap them first to make them aim for these critters. You can also use them to combat ground troops.
- Fireball - Your main spell against pushes and Minion Horde. You have to time it correctly as you don't want to spend it for nothing.
- Giant - Main tanker of the game. You can either drop him at the back of your king tower to split the opponent's push or in front of your countering units.
- Knight - Secondary tanker. Use him to distract and have your cheap units such as the Skeletons to deal damage. You can also pair him with the Balloon.
- Skeletons - Cycle card and usually distracts incoming units. Sometimes you may need the assistance of the Knight to distract splash units before dropping them.
- Zap - Resets Infernos and stops swarms from whittling your Giant.
Clash Royale Strategy:
The Ideal Strategy of this deck is easy. You just need to have a tanker in front of your Balloon. You can either use the Giant or the Knight. The rest of the units are there to cycle and/or use for defense or support.
You can start your push with the Skeletons at the back of your King Tower if you don't have your Giant. If the opponent drops his own tanker at the back of his King Tower, put him in the opposite lane to split his push. Use the Fireball against his support units and try to hit his crown tower too. If the opponent tries to stop your Giant by dropping a lot of troops, go with the Knight + Balloon in the other lane.
Since you only have your Knight as the tankiest offensive unit in this deck, use him as a lure. Sometimes you can also use the Archers to lure them in the middle of your base and let your tower archers finish them off. If you're against another beatdown, make a push in the opposite lane to not let them create a huge push. Just in case they have a ranged unit, take note of it before you deploy your Balloon. You can either distract it with your Giant or Knight. Infernos can be a pain but you can use your Archers/Bats + Zap to reset and change their aim.
I've played this deck in my own ladder matches in Arena 10 - Hog Mountain. Out of 5 battles I did, I only lost 1. This lost was when the opponent is trying to hold out his main win condition until double elixir time. I got complacent and went for a big push in one lane, leaving the other wide open. He went in and brought out his Elite Barbarians and a P.E.K.K.A which caused me the game. The lesson here is don't be too complacent by putting all elixirs into one big push, especially if you feel like the opponent is still hiding some of his cards.
CLASHwithSHANE also uses this deck in his own ladder matches in Arena 11 - Legendary Arena. This deck is so good that he used it to push for crowns.
Sometimes the game will give you a bad hand and rotation that you will have a tough time fixing it. I nearly lost a game against a Hog Rider Cycle deck user. I don't have cards to counter his Hog Rider + Ice Spirit push as I only have Giant, Balloon, Zap, and Fireball. I took the hit and lost a tower, re-shuffled the rotation by dropping cheap cards and anticipated his attack by checking his card rotation. All you have to do is anticipate when he will drop his main win condition and make sure you have the right cards to counter it.
Do you have Clash Royale decks you want us to feature? Feel free to use our SUBMIT A DECK feature on the site. If it is looking good, we will feature it on the site just like these USER SUBMITTED DECKS.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter: crpedia_com to get in touch with us and have the latest news on Clash Royale!
Curing the itch from video games by Itchy Monkey
If you like this article, please follow us:
#ClashRoyale Poll and Pulse:— Clash Royalepedia (@crpedia_com) October 2, 2018
How are you after the October 2018 Balance update?
|Electro Dragon • Goblin Giant • Royal Recruits • Royal Hogs • All Card Profiles|
|Clash Royalepedia - Main Pages|
|Guides • Tips • Strategy • Clan Battles • Legendary Glitch? • Site Updates • SUBMIT A DECK • User Submitted Decks|
|Clash Royale Arena|
|Arena 2 • Arena 3 • Arena 4 • Arena 5 • Arena 6 • Arena 7 • Arena 8 • Arena 9 • Arena 10 •|
|Card Deck Strategies|
Bandit • Bats • Battle Ram • Bowler • Cannon Cart • Dart Goblin • Electro Dragon • Electro Wizard • Elite Barbarians • Executioner • Flying Machine • Giant • Goblin Giant • Golem • Graveyard • Heal • Hog Rider • Hunter Decks • Ice Wizard • Inferno Dragon • Lava Hound • The Log • LumberJack • Magic Archer • Mega Knight • Miner • Night Witch • P.E.K.K.A • Prince • Princess • Rascals • Royal Ghost • Royal Hogs • Royal Recruits • Sparky • Sparky • Tornado • Zappies Decks • All Card Decks
- graveyar deck for arena 8 -- 03:23, 20 December 2017 (UTC)