|Click here to go to deckbuilder.clashroyalepedia.com. For instructions and check out what's new, click HERE.|
|Features: Our Bandit, Night Witch, Bats, and Heal Card Pages are now up! | Also: Check out Arena 11 Decks! | Our Collection of Bandit Decks is now live!|
If you plan to use the mortar strategy in Clash Royale, make sure to know when you think you can win and analyze if it's time to push for a draw.
Since the latest update has been rolled out, the X-bow’s popularity rate dropped down critically. Supercell’s move nerfed this most-used building card in the higher arenas giving the mortar its own debut in the game.
According to ClashMeta, a website that statistically tracks down the popularity rate of the cards being used in the upper arenas, Mortar nor surprisingly won against the Xbow in terms of being used by top players globally.
Mortar Deck Guide for Arena 6 and Above
- Lightning - This spell can be used in the offensive and defensive plays. Use it wisely!
- Mortar - This building card will be the one who’s going to focus on destroying a tower. Make sure to defend it will all your might, Chief!
- Skeletons - With a very cheap elixir cost, these little guys can deal and confuse those who are going to date to deal with your mortar.
- Knight - Serving as your main tank, Knight can help you defend your base and can serve as a killer with a very good HP in his body.
- Minions - Can make a good defense while in the air. Pair it with your tesla to make it more useful.
- Elixir Collector - This one is very important for it will be the reason to extend your elixir for your high cost building cards.
- Fireball - Use it for wiping out any incoming troops to crash your mortar, Chief!
- Tesla - With its epic damage per second, it can severely damage any troops on sight.
Drop your Elixir Collector if drawn, or a Knight behind your King’s tower. Once he nearly reaches the river, release your Mortar near the river wherein it can freely attack your opponent’s tower. The Knight will serve as your tank to let your Mortar do his job.
Once your opponent made a move, that will be the time to use the Fireball and Skeletons to counter their troops in demolishing your Mortar.
Tesla and Mortar will be a really good pair if they are available in your deck. This will be your ultimate kicker throughout so always defend them smartly. Place your Tesla in the upper left/right of the mortar to snatch your opponent’s troop attention and buy you time to defend those two buildings using your troops.
Minions are useful if paired with Knight and Fireball. How? Simply drop the Knight with the Minions and if countered troops were dropped, use Fireball to annihilate them. Fireballs can also be used in weakening towers. Use it with care. Use your Lightning Spell in countering your enemy’s move especially if they used building cards because it will surely knock them all down. Can also be used in killing troops, as well.
Featured deck is from Ash - Clash of Clans & Clash Royale
Related Mortar Strategies
Recently, one Reddit user posted a problem according to Mortars being used as a trump card in higher arenas. What do you think is the reason behind it?
In this article, we focused on why the Mortar is currently being used more and more in higher level arenas.
Source: Ash - Clash of Clans & Clash Royale
Mind to try these cards, Chief? Go ahead and share your experience with us! Drop and share it in our comment section below!
- pretty sh!t -- 17:35, 30 January 2017 (UTC)
- old deck...not work anyway -- 18:31, 26 November 2016 (UTC)