|Click here to download the app on iTunes. For instructions, click here.|
| The Battle Ram is now out! Check out how you can use this new OP card in the arena HERE!|
Check out the Jungle Arena Here!
|Can’t get enough of the Lava Lightning combo? This deck can help you push trophies and win tournaments as well!|
With all the nerfs that happened in the latest update, we are sure that Clashers tweak their decks already. But in this set of cards, we will assure you that it can still you win trophies big time.
The Clash Royale deck mainly relies on the pressure that the Lava Hound can bring in the battle. Together with low elixir units, you can support your team accordingly. This Hound deck can also provide pressure easily. Can wipe out low HP units (ground) quick.
Hound Lightning Ft. Miner Log Arena 7 Above:
|Lightning||The Log||Mega Minion||Tombstone|
- Lava Hound: Your tank unit in game. Provides pressure all throughout the game. Drop once you are ready to perform an all-out attack. Support to extend its ability as much as possible.
- Minions: This card will help you get rid or weaken counter units. Best used against ground units. Can also serve as a great distraction against towers. Use this unit mainly for defense or support.
- Miner: Will serve as this deck’s mini tank. Deploy this unit before the Lava Pups appear on the enemy’s tower. Handy against Elixir Collectors or pesky range units.
- Archers: Same with the Minions, this unit is mainly used for support or defense. Place the Archers behind to chip-in damage against your target.
- Lightning: Cast this spell once you the enemy forms its counter team. This can be done after deploying your Hound on the battlefield. If times are tough, you can use this spell during defense.
- The Log: This spell can help you clear the way for your supporting units. Use the Log mainly against the Princess, Skarmy, and other low HP ground units.
- Mega Minion: The Mega Minion received the biggest change in the game in the past update. Though this happened, you can still make it viable depending on your move. Use the Mega Minion in supporting the Lava Hound. It can also serve as a defensive unit to annihilate medium tier troops like the Hog Rider, Mini P.E.K.K.A and the like.
- Tombstone: The Tombstone can still do wonders after the newest update. Let the Skeletons swarm to distract opponent’s troops. This will help your units push further to access their target. Can also serve to lure incoming threats in the game especially tanks, like the Giant, Royal Giant, etc.
Clash Royale Strategy:
The ideal startup with this deck is having the Tombstone in the initial card draw. After your elixir reaches 10, drop the Tombstone in the center of your base. Else, wait for your enemy to make the first move. Let them create a big push for you to counter. Use your units accordingly to stop the opponent’s threat. If playing against a Hog Rider, drop the Archers behind for counter. Let them cross the river as you prepare for a bigger push in the next few seconds. This strategy can also be done against slow-push decks. If the Lava Hound is not yet available, cycle it by dropping the Mega Minion or Minions near your King Tower. Let your enemy create their second big push. Cycle to get the Tombstone and support it with your low elixir units. Once done, you can now drop the Lava Hound for your main push. Wait for your elixir to reach 8 or 9 first, then drop this legendary unit behind your King Tower. Your extra elixir can be used if the enemy runs on the opposite side to wreck your tower. Use at least two cards to stop them if possible. If successful, proceed to support the Lava Hound. Try to save the Miner to help Lava Pups once they pop out. Collect elixir and repeat the steps above.
The second way to play this unit is by dropping your Lava Hound after your elixir reaches 10. Place it behind the King’s Tower, wait for the enemy’s move and act accordingly. If the enemy drops an Inferno Tower, wait until they drop a unit once again to form their counter. Use the Lightning to annihilate the tower and the unit. Prepare the Miner and Minions/Archers behind for quick support. Use the Log if being swarmed by low HP units. Use this spell if you are having a hard time while supporting your main unit. If aerial units are seen, drop the Mega Minion for a stronger help.
Once the game reaches its final minute, you can try to spam the Tombstone for greater distraction. Drop the Hound in front of your Crown Tower. Wreck the tower according to the steps given above. After getting the first tower, create a huge pressure by dropping the Lava Hound in the enemy’s base. Your enemy will be forced to defend making it hard for them to access your tower.
Decks that can provide pressure early in the game is this deck’s weak point. Low average elixir set of cards often contains units that can be annoying. Some are decks that use Goblin Barrel, Minion Horde or even the Skeleton Army. This might be a pain in the neck if they understand the rhythm of your strategy. Giant decks can also bring this deck down. But it depends on how the enemy will respond to your strategy. Most likely, you will have a hard time to form your Hound Team if ever. Decks with the Inferno Tower might also bring difficulty in this deck. Timing is essential to defeat them. Practice will help you use units/spells in this deck effectively.
Featured Deck Strategies:
| Elite Barbarians + LumberJack + Three Musketeers Deck for Arena 8 |
The newest unit in Clash Royale just arrived in the arena! Here’s an epic deck dedicated to this angrier version of the Barbs, Elite Barbarians.
| Yao Yao Golem Champ Deck Arena 7 Above |
Move like a champ with these Golem decks created by this year’s Clash Royale King’s Cup Grand Winner, YaoYao.
| Raging Balloon Kings Cup Tournament Deck Guide |
Rage and Balloon deck is a classic meta-deck, and we are glad to see it be a part of the randomized decks in the recent King's Cup Challenge!
With all the changes that happened in the past update, we can say that slow-push decks, like this one, are still a trend in the arena. Though it might not be effective as it was before in pushing trophies, this deck is a great one for tournaments.
What is your opinion in this deck? Are you a Lava Hound user? Share us your tweaked deck with regards to this unit below!
Special thanks to ClanGuard2.0 for this deck.
Article written by Forrest
Last modified: 6, 01, 2017
Article originally published: 5, 12, 2016
| Couldn't find the Deck, Troop, Spell or Building you're looking for? Click the image below to direct you to our list of Clash Royale card deck strategies! |
| Cards not yet available on your Arena? Click the image below to direct you to our list of Clash Royale Arenas! |
- Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wanting to know your situation; many of us have developed some nice procedures and we are looking to trade solutions with others, please shoot me an e-mail if interested. -- 04:14, 11 January 2017 (UTC)
- Your style is really unique in comparison to other folks I've read stuff from. Many thanks for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this web site. -- 03:06, 11 January 2017 (UTC)