| Check out the newest decks in our Fresh Decks page! | Play with the new Electro Dragon with the best Electro Dragon Decks!|
Check out what's new in the November 5, 2018 Balance Update!
|Lava Hound is such a very powerful unit if you are around Arena 4 or Arena 5. Support it with a lot of splash damage and you will be winning a lot of trophies. Here is the deck for Arena 5 so you can easily climb the ladder!|
Lava Hound is such an amazing card especially if you unlock it early. It is overpowered in Arena 4 and Arena 5, especially if you have a good amount of support units that can do splash damage to stop any counter units against it. NayPR13 created a deck with the Lava Hound and shows how powerful it is in Arena 5.
- This deck is to be included in our Lava Hound Decks
Lava Hound is an air unit that has a lot of health and can tank its way easily toward the tower. It releases Lava Pups once it dies. This deck also has ample of splash damage units like Wizard, Fire Spirits and Baby Dragon. All of these are good support units for the Lava Hound.
This deck only has 3.9 average elixir cost which is quite low for a Lava Hound deck.
Lava Hound Deck for Arena 5:
|Lava Hound||Hog Rider||Wizard||Spear Goblins|
|Valkyrie||Fire Spirits||Archers||Baby Dragon|
- Lava Hound: This unit will be your main tank and main damage dealer towards the opponent's tower. It costs 7 elixirs so make sure to deploy it when you have an ample amount.
- Hog Rider: This unit will be your quick damage dealer to the opponent's tower. He is quick and you can cycle with it easily much more than the Lava Hound.
- Wizard: He is a very powerful AOE-type unit. He can create a counter push by himself. Make sure he is always behind a tank since he does not have a lot of health.
- Spear Goblins: These units can deal cheap shots toward the tower. They are also great for being distractions against opposing units.
- Valkyrie: Another splash damage, but she is mostly used with Hog Rider. She is powerful enough to stop a ground push.
- Fire Spirits: These suicidal units are good against huge opposing push and also a good support for Hog Rider and Lava Hound. They can take out most low HP units and damage heavily most of the troops.
- Archers: Their role is the same as Spear Goblins but they are more powerful.
- Baby Dragon: This AOE-type unit is the best complement for Lava Hound since they are both air units. It also has a decent amount of health.
In a mid-level arena such as Arena 5, Lava Hound is very powerful here. At the start of the match, make sure to max out your elixirs before deploying any units. If you have a Lava Hound on your hand already, deploy it at the back of your tower. It has slow movement so you can get back the elixirs you just consumed. Usually, opponents try to attack the other lane once they see a Lava Hound being deployed. If they do, you can use Spear Goblins or Archers to distract some of the units and deploy Valkyrie if they are deploying ground units only. Once you manage to stop the opponent's push, you can do a quick push using the Valkyrie (if she is still alive) with the Hog Rider. A dual push is really good in this scenario especially if the opponent uses all of his elixirs. On the other hand, you can support the Lava Hound with a Fire Spirits, Baby Dragon or Wizard.
Keep deploying Lava Hound as much as you can to bring pressure to your opponent. Another way to give push is once Lava Hound dies, try deploying the Hog Rider on the same lane and deploy Fire Spirits beside him. It is a good push since the tower is going to be distracted with the Lava Pups and Fire Spirits can easily stop low HP units.
Defensively, Valkyrie and Wizard can pretty much stop all the opponent's push. Although you can use Spear Goblins and Archers to distract other units to go to the middle so both of your towers attack the push too. Once it is done, you can easily start a counter push with a Lava Hound or Hog Rider.
Once the 60-second mark starts, deploying Lava Hound is much easier. It is also better to deploy it at the bridge. After deploying it, deploy the Baby Dragon behind it. Keep doing this until you destroy one of his towers.
This deck lacks a unit that can stop high HP tanks such as Giant, Royal Giant, and Golem. It also hurts a lot since this deck does not have any defensive building that can use to distract such units. To prevent this, you can easily pressure the opponent with the Lava Hound push so they are forced to expend their elixirs.
Featured Deck Strategies:
| Air Assault - Inferno Dragon + Baby Dragon Hound Deck for Arena 7 |
Double Dragon plus the Lava Hound that will surely terrorize your opponents! A sure Three crown win every time!
| F2P Lava Hound Deck for Pushing From Arena 4 to 7 |
The Hound’s ability is beyond what this deck needs. The damage that each troop can provide the support to wreck towers. Even the spell cards can deal a lot of damage against any horde of troops.
This amazing Lava Hound deck will definitely help you climb up the ladder. It still has some defensive holes as a deck, but you can try to experiment like adding a Mini P.E.K.K.A or Barbarians to counter building-only tanks. Nevertheless, if you manage to get Lava Hound early, it is really overpowered.
How about you? What is your opinion with this deck? Share us your opinions in the comment section below!
Article written by: KarlSanada
Last modified: 6, 01, 2017
Originally Published: 05, 12, 2016
| Couldn't find the Deck, Troop, Spell or Building you're looking for? Click the image below to direct you to our list of Clash Royale card deck strategies! |
| Cards not yet available on your Arena? Click the image below to direct you to our list of Clash Royale Arenas! |
- 6 -- 14:24, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
- Younes38400 -- 21:58, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
- DANIEL -- 10:06, 29 December 2016 (UTC)