|Click here to download the app on iTunes. For instructions, click here.|
| Our list of the best Clash Royale Dart Goblin Decks is now out! Check it out here!|
Check out the Jungle Arena Here!!
|Elixir Collector, Poison Spell, Giant, and more changes coming in this new balance update for October!|
- 1 Overview:
- 2 Giant: Hitpoints decreased by 5%:
- 3 Poison: Will no longer slow movement and attack speed:
- 4 Elixir Collector: Elixir cost increased to 6 (from 5), Elixir gain increased to 8 (from 7), Lifetime increased by 10sec:
- 5 The Log: Rolls faster and further, Damage increased by 9%
- 6 Skeleton Army: Elixir cost decreased to 3 (from 4), Skeleton count decreased to 16 (from 21), Skeleton level increased by 5 :
- 7 Ice Golem and Golem: Death Damage will also damage flying troops:
- 8 What do you think:
- 9 Lost?
The balance update for October has been revealed, and it will make several changes to several famous cards in the current meta. This will spice things up since most of these changes are very significant. Also, this month's list is very short, but very meaningful changes to add variety to the game.
Giant: Hitpoints decreased by 5%:
Our previous Giant change didn't pull enough power from him, especially from where it matters, so this additional tweak (in conjunction with the Poison change below) should put him in a better place overall. The change is relatively small because our aim is to reduce the strength of Giant + Poison, but not remove it as a viable combo.
As we can see from the previous change, Giant decks are still rampant in Clash Royale. I doubt it will change soon enough especially at higher arenas (Arena 7-9). This change is, again, small, but it will definitely take a toll on those who love using Giant. We may be seeing new tank decks with Golem or P.E.K.K.A.
Poison: Will no longer slow movement and attack speed:
Thematically Poison's "thing" is damage over time, so we questioned whether it also needs to slow? Answer: no. This change will make Poison's functionality clearer and reduce its ability to control an area for 10 seconds.
Honestly, this is actually a decent change. It costs relatively cheap for what it can do, slow movement and attack speed while it damages the units overtime. This change also makes its purpose clearer since it can now only damage the units without other side effects. Let us see if it is still going to be as popular as before after the update goes live.
Elixir Collector: Elixir cost increased to 6 (from 5), Elixir gain increased to 8 (from 7), Lifetime increased by 10sec:
Elixir Collector remains one of the most popular cards in the game - offering a good return on a small-ish risk. Increasing the Elixir cost by 1 will make it a bigger risk to play and give more opportunity to counterplay against it.
This is one of the greatest changes in this update. Yet, I do not like it at all. Yes, it may gain some advantages, but it is as expensive as a Rocket now. Then there are 2 elixirs difference from a Fireball. I believe making the Fireball and Elixir Collector to have 2 cost difference is a huge thing. Not to mention, how the Miner is a huge elixir advantage when he is used against the Elixir Collector. It is not a good change, but I may be quite biased.
The Log: Rolls faster and further, Damage increased by 9%
The Log has yet to find its place or purpose within the Arena, but this change will at least make it more impactful and easier to play while it continues the search.
Well, I can see people spamming The Log towards the Crown Tower since it has more damage now than ever. It is also going to be a headache for those who use spam and cycle decks since they usually use Hog Rider which can easily be countered now with this spell card.
Skeleton Army: Elixir cost decreased to 3 (from 4), Skeleton count decreased to 16 (from 21), Skeleton level increased by 5 :
In the early game, Skeleton Army is a terror, but as more area damage cards come into play, its usefulness falls off. A cheaper cost and fewer, but stronger, Skeletons should address some of its weaknesses - and hopefully make it a terror once again!
Skeleton Army is still a great card against tanks in lower arena. Just like some units, their usage falls off after reaching another arena. One Zap or Arrows could kill all Skeletons, which makes it less valuable in later arenas. The change will be huge for the lower arenas but not on the higher arenas.
Ice Golem and Golem: Death Damage will also damage flying troops:
Nothing to say here, to be honest. It just makes the damage consistent on all units. Although, it may be very useful when you combine it with Zap (with Golem only; Ice Golem's death damage is pretty weak)
What do you think:
This is really a short list of changes, but it is so impactful especially with those who use Elixir Collector and Giant + Poison Spell combo. We might be seeing new meta decks after this update goes live.
What do you think? Do you hate the changes or love it?
For more Clash Royale Strategies, always click on the sidebar or in any related articles below!
Article written by: KarlSanada
Last modified: 6, 01, 2017
| Couldn't find the Deck, Troop, Spell or Building you're looking for? Click the image below to direct you to our list of Clash Royale card deck strategies! |
| Cards not yet available on your Arena? Click the image below to direct you to our list of Clash Royale Arenas! |
- Still seeing a lot of Giant decks in the higher arenas. This update hurt my past deck so much that I can't able to use it anymore. Running a Giant Sparky deck. With the Poison and Collector. Now, I am back with my low elixir deck. Lol! -- 11:48, 24 October 2016 (UTC)
- Well the skeleton army guess was a bit off. The card is actually amazing now and sees usage in both high and low arenas due to how cheap and spammable it is. Arena 8-9 are now full of skeleton army decks and I happen to enjoy this new change of making the skeleton army viable again! -- 23:16, 23 October 2016 (UTC)
- Hate it, damn my elixir collector... How are you suppose to play control now ... ? And i don't have the log of course -- 13:27, 22 October 2016 (UTC)
- Hi, I think that elixir collector will kill all the midrange decks. This balance change will be recorded in our history book cuz supercell is the first company to extinguish a midrange archetype by one balance change. I don't think the p2w midrange players will continue to pay, and they will just try the f2p hog cycle. Money saved. Nice! -- 00:40, 20 October 2016 (UTC)