| The best Royal Ghost Decks, Electro Valley - Arena 11 Decks, & Arena 12 Decks! |
Also: Is/Are the deck(s) below working? Help others by giving a feedback at the comments section!
Learn to Counter the Magic Archer! | Play with the Magic Hunter Decks HERE!
|Mix the Hog Rider with the newest cards today in Clash Royale! Is this the best Hog Lightning with Tornado deck?!|
The Hog Rider is still one of the most favorite cards in any arena in the Clash Royale Universe. With some new cards together, learn how to use this well-created deck for Hog Rider enthusiasts.
This set of cards can control almost all decks in the arena today. With the power of the spells and units, breaking the enemy’s strategy is easy if played well. This can also deal with today’s popular decks, Giant/Golem/Lava with Lightning decks!
This Hog Rider Lightning deck is best against spawner decks and Hog Rider/Mini PEKKA decks.
Hog Lightning Ft. Tornado Deck Arena 8 Above:
|Hog Rider||Ice Golem||Mega Minion||Archers|
- Hog Rider: Directly wreck towers for your sure victory. Deploy this unit and create pressure by supporting it with the right cards on hand.
- Ice Golem: The Ice Golem will be your Hog Rider’s shield in smashing the towers. This unit can serve as a mini tank to make your unit(s) have their extra blows against targets. You can also use the Ice Golem as a distraction especially against a horde of troops (e.g Skeleton Army, Minion Horde). Its damage is fair enough to weaken the enemy.
- Mega Minion: This flying unit is one of the best air support in the game today. Drop this armored monster mainly to support or defend your own base. Best against range units or air units. Can provide fair damage towards beefy tanks if ignored.
- Archers: Use this card on either offense or defense. Their damage is strong enough to distract the enemy’s strategy. Can make a great difference if ignored solely.
- Tornado: This tricky spell is slowly becoming famous in the higher arenas. Use this card to divide incoming troops. This will help you defend effectively through the help of your crown towers. While on offense, you can send counter troops on the opposite side. This will allow your Hog Rider to chip in further damage to its target.
- Lightning: Mainly used for tower destruction. Use this spell once your enemy forms a strong counter while on offense. The Lightning is also handy if your enemy is dominating the battle. Cast it on an incoming team that will wreck your towers.
- The Log: Use the Log against a bunch of units like the Skeleton Army, Barbarians or Goblins. This spell is also a good elixir trade to the enemy’s Princess.
- Tombstone: Spawns Skeletons that will eventually help you in both ways. It will serve as a distraction to any counter or incoming units within its range. You can also use this in luring the enemy’s deadly units to avoid them to directly access your tower.
Clash Royale Strategy:
The ideal Clash Royale strategy of this deck is by dropping the Tombstone early. Do this after your elixir reaches 10. If it’s not in your initial cards, you can try to wait for your enemy’s initial attack. If fighting against a slow-push deck, initially drop your Archers near the King’s Tower. Implement this before the enemy’s tank reaches the river. Wait for a splasher behind it before dropping your Mega Minion. Cycle until you get the Tombstone and drop it to lure the enemy’s units. If available, use the Lightning Spell against the opponent’s team. Take note that you must only do this if a strong support (no Skeletons, Goblins, etc) is within its range to perfectly hit your target. After defending, regain the elixir you need to make a strong comeback.
During offense, place the Ice Golem near the river and quickly drop the Hog Rider behind it. The Hog Rider will push the Ice Golem to serve as a shield. Prepare either The Log or the Tornado to let your Hog Ice Golem combo reach their target. In this situation, you can also use the Mega Minion or the Archers. They can help kill units that were dropped after you cast spells. Return to your defensive strategy afterwards.
Once the game reaches its final minute, you may now provide pressure easily. Make sure to counter your enemy’s move first before you go and execute your own strategy. Support your Hog Rider to smash your opponent's tower until it becomes critical. Use spells accordingly to knock down the tower. Once done, defend your towers wisely to assure victory.
The deck weakness depends on the card usage of its user. This deck heavily relies on the spells to make the Hog Rider and other units reach its target. Timing is all you need in dropping the appropriate counters in each clash. Also, this deck might be challenged against a Lava Hound Miner deck. If you faced this deck, you can make an early attack on the opposite side of your enemy’s. This will force them to counter your move resulting in a low elixir collection. In other words, they cannot fully support the Hound if ever. Also, you can try to cast the Tornado once the Lava Pups appear. Try to watch the video shared by Pong TV in this article above to get some visual tips.
Featured Deck Strategies:
| Best Golem Lightning Deck Arena 7 Above |
Planning to use the popular Golem Lightning combo? Here's our featured article showcasing the power of this beast in the arena today.
| Ultimate Giant Bowler Lightning Deck Arena 8 Above |
The ever-popular Giant Bowler deck made an epic comeback in today’s meta. But this time, not with the Poison but with the Lightning Spell. Let’s roll!
| Royal Giant ESWC Champion Deck for Arena 8 Above |
This Royal Giant Deck Grabbed the Champion’s Spotlight in ESWC 2016.
This Clash Royale deck is great for players who tend to challenge themselves in using new cards offered in the game. The Hog Rider is known for its versatility in any kinds of deck. This made it popular and viable up until today. So if you are a Hog Rider fan, then this deck might fit your game style. Make sure to find your safe zone to keep this deck going starting in Arena 8. Good luck!
Special thanks to Pong TV for this deck.
Article written by Forrest
Last modified: 6, 01, 2017
Originally published: 23, 11, 2016
| Couldn't find the Deck, Troop, Spell or Building you're looking for? Click the image below to direct you to our list of Clash Royale card deck strategies! |
| Cards not yet available on your Arena? Click the image below to direct you to our list of Clash Royale Arenas! |
- hogrider -- 16:16, 30 May 2017 (UTC)