| Check out the newest decks in our Fresh Decks page! | Play with the new Electro Dragon with the best Electro Dragon Decks!|
Check out what's new in the November 5, 2018 Balance Update!
Hog Rider and Ice Wizard combo is a classic one. It is one of the best combos in the early arena, but how would they fare in Arena 11? Academia Royale demonstrated this Hog Ice Wiz Cycle Deck for Arena 11 as he built a deck around these two and he surrounded them with spell cards.
- This deck is also to become part of our list of the Legendary Arena.
This deck is a cycle deck and has an average cost of 3.3 elixirs. Hog Rider is one of the best damage dealers, and Ice Wizard is one of the best defensive units and a great support for the Hog Rider. Fireball, Zap, and The Log are included here as a support for the Hog Rider push.
Hog Ice Wiz Cycle Deck:
|Hog Rider||Ice Wizard||Tesla||Fireball|
|Archers||The Log||Zap||Mini P.E.K.K.A|
- Hog Rider: Hog Rider will be your main damage dealer. It is ideal for him to at least hit the tower twice.
- Ice Wizard: Ice Wizard is a great defensive unit and support for Hog Rider. He can delay most troops with his attacks.
- Tesla: Tesla is quite underused, so people would be surprised if you deploy this. This is a great card to counter Royal Giant and Princess.
- Fireball: Fireball is one of the support cards for the push. Fire it when Hog Rider is near the crown tower since most units are being dropped there to stall your Hog Rider.
- Archers: Archers are great defensive units as they can counter most cards efficiently. They are also good for dealing cheap damage to the tower.
- The Log: The Log can push troops away from your Hog Rider. Also, it can counter low HP units efficiently.
- Zap: Zap is best paired with Fireball since they can kill most units with decent HP such as Barbarians and Musketeer. However, only pair it when the opponent is trying to create a cramped push.
- Mini P.E.K.K.A: Mini P.E.K.K.A is such a great defensive card, especially against building-only tanks. She is also a good counter push support for Hog Rider.
Clash Royale Strategy:
At the start of the match, wait until you reach maximum elixirs before deploying anything. It is best to play defensively on this deck, and start a counter push when your opponent exhausts most of his elixirs. It is ideal to do counter push early in the match to know what cards your opponent has.
Defensively, you can use Ice Wizard to slow down troops, then use Tesla for distracting tanks or Hog Rider. You can use Zap to stun the units, or The Log to push them away further. Fireball is worth using if the opponent's units are all cramped within the radius of Fireball. Mini P.E.K.K.A needs to be deployed if you are up against tanks like Royal Giant, Giant, or Golem. However, you need to take care of the support first, since Mini P.E.K.K.A can easily be countered and distracted. Deploy Archers if the opponent has air units.
Once the opponent's push is eliminated, you can now do a counter push by deploying Hog Rider in front of the defensive units. If you have not used Fireball yet, you can actually fire it near the tower if you know he has Barbarians or any units with decent HP. Combine it with Zap, and they are easily eliminated. However, if your opponent only has Skeleton Army, Goblin Gang, or Goblins. The Log is a much better option.
Once the 60-second mark starts, keep doing the same strategy, or try doing a surprise attack with the Hog Rider. Make sure you have the spell cards to support the Hog Rider for each push.
This deck lacks units, which is not really bad, considering all spell cards can also be used defensively. However, there are times that the opponent's push can be quite overwhelming, and it is hard to distract his units because the deck does not have anything to drop anymore. You can prevent this by doing an off-lane push just so the opponent is forced to defend his other lane.
This Hog Ice Wiz Cycle Deck is a great deck for those who love cycle decks, and more importantly, Hog Rider and Ice Wizard. You can win a lot of games here as long as you time the deployment of your spell cards perfectly so they can fully support the Hog Rider push.
If you like this article, please follow us:
#ClashRoyale Poll and Pulse:— Clash Royalepedia (@crpedia_com) October 2, 2018
How are you after the October 2018 Balance update?
|Electro Dragon • Goblin Giant • Royal Recruits • Royal Hogs • All Card Profiles|
|Clash Royalepedia - Main Pages|
|Guides • Tips • Strategy • Clan Battles • Legendary Glitch? • Site Updates • Deck Builder • SUBMIT A DECK • User Submitted Decks|
|Clash Royale Arena|
|Arena 2 • Arena 3 • Arena 4 • Arena 5 • Arena 6 • Arena 7 • Arena 8 • Arena 9 • Arena 10 •|
|Card Deck Strategies|
Bandit • Bats • Battle Ram • Bowler • Cannon Cart • Dart Goblin • Electro Dragon • Electro Wizard • Elite Barbarians • Executioner • Flying Machine • Giant • Goblin Giant • Golem • Graveyard • Heal • Hog Rider • Hunter Decks • Ice Wizard • Inferno Dragon • Lava Hound • The Log • LumberJack • Magic Archer • Mega Knight • Miner • Night Witch • P.E.K.K.A • Prince • Princess • Rascals • Royal Ghost • Royal Hogs • Royal Recruits • Sparky • Sparky • Tornado • Zappies Decks • All Card Decks