| Check out the newest decks in our Fresh Decks page! | Play with the new Electro Dragon with the best Electro Dragon Decks!|
Check out what's new in the November 5, 2018 Balance Update!
|One of the great decks in the King's Cup is the Freeze + Hog Rider deck which is very familiar for most Clash Royale players.|
King's Cup Tournament was a recent tournament challenge that let players use random and different decks against an opponent who also had a different and random deck. One of the random decks in the tournament was the popular Freeze + Hog Rider deck.
Hog Rider, as we all know, is a quick and powerful unit that can take chunks of damage from the tower. It is a dangerous card and one you should not ignore at all. Freeze complements it since it can stop everything within its radius. Thus, it gives the Hog Rider ample of time to take another or two shots to the tower.
This Clash Royale deck is also cheap as it only averages 3.6 elixir cost. You can easily cycle with the Hog Rider and Freeze and keep pressuring the opponent.
Frozen Hog King's Cup Tournament Deck Guide:
|Hog Rider||Freeze||Ice Wizard||Spear Goblins|
|Poison Spell||Knight||Barbarians or Valkyrie||Cannon or Tombstone|
- Hog Rider: This unit will be your main damage dealer to the opponent's tower. He is quick and sturdy enough to take a decent amount of damage to the tower.
- Freeze: The best spell card to complement the Hog Rider. It is also good for defending your lane when you are being overwhelmed.
- Ice Wizard: He is a great defensive unit as he can slow down opponent's units. Use him to start your counter push.
- Spear Goblins: A cheap unit that can do some damage to the tower. They are also a decent defender and can distract other units.
- Poison Spell: It damages units or buildings within its radius. It can be used for offense and defense.
- Knight: This unit is very similar with Mini P.E.K.K.A, but he is weaker in terms of damage. However, he has more health than Mini P.E.K.K.A, which makes him a mini tank.
- Barbarians or Valkyrie: These two cards are both great defensive units. Although, I actually prefer Barbarians over Valkyrie because there are 5 Barbarians and only one Valkyrie when you deploy these cards.
- Cannon or Tombstone: Both of these defensive buildings are good t distracting tanks and building-only units. Either of them can easily be familiarized.
At the start of the match, wait until your elixir reaches the maximum. Drop a Knight behind your tower. You may also drop Spear Goblins at the bridge to deal some damage to the opponent's tower. You can drop a Poison Spell if he deploys his counter troops on his lane. It is best to drop it on the bridge to get the most out of its damage over time effects. If your Knight manages to reach past the opponent's counter, he can do some good damage to the tower.
This deck has a straightforward strategy. Keep pressuring the opponent with Hog Rider and Freeze. Once you know your opponent has exhausted his elixir, deploy your Hog Rider at the bridge, and wait until he drops his counter troops before dropping your Freeze. Ideally, if you manage to time it perfectly, you can damage his tower at least 600 to 1000 damage.
Defensively, you can easily use your Cannon to distract tanks, then deploy Barbarians to completely stop it. You may also use Ice Wizard + Poison to slow down the opponent's troops while dealing some good amount of damage to them. Once you manage to stop the push, you can create a counter-push by deploying Hog Rider at the back of your Barbarians. Do the same strategy with your Freeze or you can also wait to fill up your elixirs.
Once the 60-second mark starts, you can easily pressure the opponent with the Hog Rider + Freeze combo. Of course, you have to defend one of your lanes against the push from your opponent.
Most Hog Rider and Freeze combo are unstoppable. However, The Log, Mini P.E.K.K.A, Zap, Bowler and Ice Spirit may be able to stop this combo. To prevent this, deploy your Freeze at the right moment. Wait for your opponent to counter your Hog Rider before dropping it.
Featured Deck Strategies:
| Mirror Miner Muskies Kings Cup Challenge Deck Guide |
This triple M deck is kind of crazy on the Blind Deck Challenge featured in the latest Clash Royale update! Have you tried and won with this epic deck, already?
| Royal Giant ESWC Champion Deck for Arena 8 Above |
This Royal Giant Deck Grabbed the Champion’s Spotlight in ESWC 2016.
| Dark Lightning King's Cup Tournament Deck Guide |
This deck is quite good for spamming troops and cheap shots. However, the Lightning and Dark Prince is what makes this a dangerous deck in the King's Cup Tournament.
This deck is probably the easiest deck to master in the King's Cup Tournament. It is a meta-deck for a long time, anyway. You are lucky to get this deck in a match especially if you have played the Hog Rider + Freeze combo several times already.
How about you? What is your opinion with this deck? Share us your opinions in the comment section below!
Article written by: KarlSanada
Last modified: 6, 01, 2017
Originally Published: 11, 16, 2016
| Couldn't find the Deck, Troop, Spell or Building you're looking for? Click the image below to direct you to our list of Clash Royale card deck strategies! |
| Cards not yet available on your Arena? Click the image below to direct you to our list of Clash Royale Arenas! |