| Check out the newest decks in our Fresh Decks page! | Play with the new Electro Dragon with the best Electro Dragon Decks!|
Check out what's new in the November 5, 2018 Balance Update!
|The Hog Rider took a hit with the recent Clash Royale Update. However, will it be enough to slow him down?|
The Hog Rider can be unlocked in [|Arena 4, P.E.K.K.A's Playhouse]. This card is being played so much that players are starting to hate this card. But with the [update], the Hog Rider's attack was decreased by 6%. Will it be enough for players to stop using him? We will see in the coming days.
Hog Rider Strengths:
The Hog Rider is a very strong foe. He is very fast and strong. It is no wonder you see so many Hog Rider decks nowadays. His weakness is that he can be taken down easily because of his low HP. However, his speed and attack make up for what he lacks in HP.
Double Hog Rider Deck for Arena 7 and 8:
|Barbarians||Princess||Fire Spirits||Minion Horde|
- Mirror: A very versatile card. Mainly used to mirror Hog Rider for double the trouble. But can be used to mirror other cards when you are in a pinch.
- Hog Rider: The main man of this Clash Royale deck. His speed and power make him a very formidable foe. And with Mirror, it's twice the damage.
- Arrows: Great for eliminating pesky swarms like Minion Horde or a bunch of Goblins.
- Goblins: Great cheap attack support or great counter support.
- Barbarians: An overall great card. Good HP and attack. It is great for countering almost anything in the game, except for aerial foes and swarms.
- Princess: Excellent range card. awesome support for your troops that are in the attack. She can take out all low HP troops and swarms.
- Fire Spirits: Cheap troops that deal a lot of area damage. See a big wave coming? Wipe out almost half of them with these cheap rolling bombs of death.
- Minion Horde: Great card for taking out tanks and ground troops. Provide excellent support and attack.
Double Hog Rider Deck Strength:
The strength of this deck relies on the double Hog Rider. Since most decks will have Barbarians, an excellent counter to Hog Rider, they will use them on one of the Hog Riders you unleash. But then they will not have any other good counter for the second Hog Rider. The first Hog Rider will go down probably with just one hit to the tower, but the second one will do massive damage to the other tower. The versatility of the Mirror card plays an important role in this deck. In times of need, you can mirror the Barbarians or Minion Horde.
Clash Royale Strategy:
At the start of the battle, if you have Hog Ride and Mirror in your hand, you can wait until they drop a card. In this way, they can be low on elixirs. Drop the Hog Rider on one tower. 2 - 3 seconds later, deploy the other Hog Rider on the other side. This way, the opponent will waste elixirs on one Hog Rider. The other Hog Rider will go with almost no opposition. After the first push, prepare your Barbarians and Fire Spirits to counter whatever comes.
At one minute in, your opponent will know your Mirror strategy. Mix it up a little by playing Princess and Barbarians. Let them waste their elixirs and do the Mirror Hog Rider combo again. You can also Mirror the Barbarians for a strong push for their towers.
At 2X elixir time, start playing your Princess more. Place her all the way in the back so she can hit the wave of enemy troops from a safe distance. Play you Barbarians and Fire Spirit combo. Place the Fire Spirits behind the Barbarians so they can safely reach your opponent troops.
- Click here for more Clash Royale Strategies!
The weakness of this deck is if they have the right cards to counter both of your Hogs. If that is the case, it is possible you will be left elixirless. Since you are investing all your elixirs for one big play, a good counter-attack can leave you vulnerable. Cards like Freeze, Barbarians, Minion Horde and Skeleton Army can really hurt this deck.
With the recent updates, the Hog Rider did take a hit. However, it seems that the hit was too low that it did not really affect him at all. At just 6% damage decrease, it will still take him about 9 hits to take down the tower. The Hog Rider is here to stay for another season, for better or worse.
Thanks to General Tony at YouTube for sharing this Clash Royale deck!
Related Clash Royale Strategies:
| The Best Hog Rider Deck Strategies|
Here are some of the best Hog Rider decks and strategies you can use in the Clash Royale Arena!
| The Best Clash Royale Arena 7 Deck Strategies|
In this article, we compiled the best strategies you can use when you are in Arena 7!
| F2P Mirror Mayhem Pressure Deck For Arena 7!|
Here is another Mirror Hog Rider deck with a different set of cards.
Last modified: 6, 01, 2017
| Couldn't find the Deck, Troop, Spell or Building you're looking for? Click the image below to direct you to our list of Clash Royale card deck strategies! |
| Cards not yet available on your Arena? Click the image below to direct you to our list of Clash Royale Arenas! |