| Check out the newest decks in our Fresh Decks page! | Play with the new Electro Dragon with the best Electro Dragon Decks!|
Check out what's new in the November 5, 2018 Balance Update!
Golem is probably one of the most underrated tanks in Clash Royale due to the fact that it costs 8 elixirs to deploy. However, it is a very powerful card if supported by Musketeer, Ice Wizard, and Mini P.E.K.K.A.
DaRealLegend demonstrated this Golem Ice Wizard Beatdown for Arena 11 as he reached the new Arena 11!
- This deck is also to become part of our list of the Legendary Arena.
This deck is amazing defensively and since we have an Elixir Collector, it always has the elixir advantage over the opponent. Golem is the main tank, which has a lot of health and its death damage is actually good for disposing of low HP units. The Golem is supported by splash units such as Baby Dragon and Ice Wizard.
DaRealLegend Golem Ice Wizard Beatdown:
|Golem||Baby Dragon||Ice Wizard||Elixir Collector|
|Musketeer||The Log||Mini P.E.K.K.A||Lightning|
- Golem: Golem will be your main tank. Its damage is not that great, but its health is so huge that a counter push with the Golem is actually a really powerful strategy with this deck.
- Baby Dragon: Baby Dragon will be the glass tank if you are doing a mild push since you cannot push with the Golem without the Elixir Collector.
- Ice Wizard: Ice Wizard is cheap and effective support and defensive unit because he can slow down anything. A Baby Dragon and Ice Wizard support combo is actually really good.
- Elixir Collector: Elixir Collector is a must-have if you have a Golem on your deck. This gives you an advantage over the opponent and it is much easier to defend and support your push when you deploy at least one.
- Musketeer: Musketeer has a high damage with long range, she is a good damage dealer if you are counter pushing with the Golem. Defensively, he can stop air units with ease.
- The Log: The Log can push out units that are trying to attack your lane. Also, it is a good support for the Golem especially if the opponent deploys low HP units such as Skeleton Army and Goblins.
- Mini P.E.K.K.A: Mini P.E.K.K.A is such a great single-target card. She can take out tanks with ease and she is a very good damage dealer if she manages to reach the crown tower.
- Lightning: Lightning can surprise most opponents and it is best used when your opponent is doing a trifecta push since it can target three units.
Clash Royale Strategy:
At the start of the match, wait until your elixir to reach maximum. If you have Elixir Collector on your hand, deploy it at the back of your crown tower. This deck is a defensive deck, which means your best bet on winning is doing a counter push early in the match. It is ideal to have two Elixir Collector pumping so you can have a lot of elixirs and continue doing counter pushes.
Once the opponent starts his push, you can defend it with Mini P.E.K.K.A if the opponent deploys a lone Hog Rider or tank. However, if he tries to push with a splash unit and a tank. It is best to counter with Mini P.E.K.K.A and Ice Wizard. Although, you can also use Lightning if your opponent does a trifecta push since Lightning can easily stop three units at once. It will give you huge elixir advantage that time too. The Log is also essential when your opponent is using low HP units to support a push.
Offensively, once you defend your lane, you can now deploy Golem in front of your units. If you have excess elixirs, you can either deploy Baby Dragon or Musketeer if you have not yet deployed either of those two. Musketeer is a great marksman, and she can deal a lot of damage to the tower once she is locked-on to it. Baby Dragon is a great support, especially if the opponent has Skeleton Army or Goblins on their deck.
Once the 60-second mark starts, make sure you have at least one Elixir Collector pumping. However, it is ideal to have at least two of them before the 2x-elixir time starts. Keep doing the counter push, or if your tower is unscathed, you can pressure the opponent with the Golem. He will be forced to answer with your tank. Do not overcommit, though, and make sure you ready your defensive troops if your opponent tries to do an off-lane quick push.
Only use Lightning when necessary or when the time is almost running out and you have to destroy a low HP tower.
This deck has 4.6 average elixir cost, which is more expensive than most decks in the meta. This limits your strategy a lot since you cannot do variety of things with such a high average cost. However, this deck is built for defense and counter push, anyway. Golem is not really the type of card you have to use aggressively early in a match.
I highly recommend this deck if you are a fan of Golem. It is currently one of the meta cards at Legendary Arena. Also, it is a very underrated card and only a few people use this, despite being a very good card to use in Arena 11. Lastly, this deck is actually easier to use because you have a straight forward strategy with the Golem. As long as you do not overcommit with your offense, and discipline yourself to focus on defense, you will win a lot of matches with this deck.
If you like this article, please follow us:
#ClashRoyale Poll and Pulse:— Clash Royalepedia (@crpedia_com) October 2, 2018
How are you after the October 2018 Balance update?
|Electro Dragon • Goblin Giant • Royal Recruits • Royal Hogs • All Card Profiles|
|Clash Royalepedia - Main Pages|
|Guides • Tips • Strategy • Clan Battles • Legendary Glitch? • Site Updates • Deck Builder • SUBMIT A DECK • User Submitted Decks|
|Clash Royale Arena|
|Arena 2 • Arena 3 • Arena 4 • Arena 5 • Arena 6 • Arena 7 • Arena 8 • Arena 9 • Arena 10 •|
|Card Deck Strategies|
Bandit • Bats • Battle Ram • Bowler • Cannon Cart • Dart Goblin • Electro Dragon • Electro Wizard • Elite Barbarians • Executioner • Flying Machine • Giant • Goblin Giant • Golem • Graveyard • Heal • Hog Rider • Hunter Decks • Ice Wizard • Inferno Dragon • Lava Hound • The Log • LumberJack • Magic Archer • Mega Knight • Miner • Night Witch • P.E.K.K.A • Prince • Princess • Rascals • Royal Ghost • Royal Hogs • Royal Recruits • Sparky • Sparky • Tornado • Zappies Decks • All Card Decks