| Check out the newest decks in our Fresh Decks page! | Play with the new Electro Dragon with the best Electro Dragon Decks!|
Check out what's new in the November 5, 2018 Balance Update!
This set of decks are strong early and in late in the game. Pressure your enemy and catch them off hand with the cards you have.
The decks featured are good at controlling the crowd and making an epic comeback from it. These cards are strong against Slow-Push, Swarm, Bait and Hog Rider Decks.
First Deck: Lavaloon
|Lava Hound||Balloon||Minions||Goblin Gang|
|Mega Minion||Zap||Arrows||The Log|
- Lava Hound - Main tank of your team. Support this aerial unit with its classic duo, the Balloon. Cast the right spells or troops to make their combo successful.
- Balloon: The Balloon will support in taking the enemies’ towers down. Fly along with the Minions and/or Freeze/Other Spells to increase its chance to reach its target.
- Minions - Will act as a support on both offensive and defensive plays. Can wipe out a horde of troops if left ignored.
- Goblin Gang - This unit can act as a decoy to kite incoming units. Their damage also hurts if not countered. Best used in supporting your team’s main units.
- Mega Minion - This flying unit will also act as a support like the normal Minions. You can deploy this to halt or kill splashers or ground units.
- Zap - Use Zap to quickly kill/stun counters for the Hog Rider attack. It is also useful towards deadly cards like the Inferno Tower, Inferno Dragon, and swarm units.
- Arrows - Cast this spell to quickly kill a swarm of troops (air or ground) to free your towers/units from further harm.
- The Log - Best choice against swarm cards like the Goblin Gang, Skeleton Army, Goblin Barrel and the like.
Second Deck: Hog Freeze
|Hog Rider||Miner||Bowler||Goblin Gang|
|Skeleton Army||Zap||Freeze||Inferno Tower|
- Hog Rider - Can rush and wreck towers. Support it quick behind with the right troops.
- Miner: Use this deck to take down Collectors. You can also deploy this unit to distract and smash towers and splashers. The Miner can tank a tower’s attack while the Hog Rider is smashing it.
- Bowler - The Bowler will play as a semi-tank and defender of your team. Deploy this unit against ground swarmers such as the Barbarians, Elite Barbarians, Goblin Gang and more.
- Goblin Gang - Same role in the first deck’s information.
- Skeleton Army - The Skarmy will serve as your bulky eliminator and a distractor. Deploy this card to buy time and kill ground attackers in a flick.
- Zap - Same role in the first deck’s information.
- Freeze - Mainly cast this along with the Balloon/Hound or the Hog Rider. If times are tough, you can also use this for defensive plays.
- Inferno Tower - The building you will need to lure bulky/deadly units. Place down troops around it to extend its life and support.
The ideal strategy of these decks is to maintain the pressure by using the Hog mashups in first minutes. As the battle goes deep, proceed to doing slow pushes to control the combo. Support your pushes with the best spells and units depending on the situation. Repeat the best mashups you can to win those trophies.
First Deck Offense:
Play a slow push attack with the Lava Hound. Depending on the enemy’s answer, you can deploy the Balloon behind it early. If counters are seen, better drop the Minions to defeat those. You can also use the Mega Minion or Goblin Gang for added support.
If the counters are easy to kill, pick the best spell to eliminate those.
For cheap tower chip-ins, you can use the Goblin Gang alone.
First Deck Defense:
Aside from the Balloon, all cards are viable during defense. You can use the Minions to kill unsupported ground units. The Goblin Gang can also be your friend in kiting enemies’ troops. This will buy your teammate time to counter it further. The Mega Minion can kill splashers at some point.
All of this deck’s spells are handy in taking down swarm attacks every time.
If times are tough, use the Lava Hound as a defensive unit and turn it into a counter push as much as possible.
Second Deck Offense:
Use the Hog Rider with Miner or with the Goblin Gang combos. These two cards fit well as supports. A naked Miner is also possible to take down dying towers. Make sure to distract the enemy with your other troops to make its smashes successful.
The Bowler is also a great unit along the Hog Rider. Ground counters will be less threatening if this troop is around. If you have enough elixirs, you can also use the classic Hog Rider Freeze combo to completely weaken or annihilate a tower.
Second Deck Defense:
Defend using the Bowler against ground troops. If there is an incoming bulky unit, deploy the Inferno Tower. Do not forget to support it with the Goblin Gang or Skeleton Army.
The Skarmy can also help you annihilate bulky ground units if your elixir is not enough. Same goes with the Goblin Gang. These cards are best to distract and eliminate big threats such as the Elite Barbarians, Hog Rider, and the like.
In some circumstances, you will also need to cast the Freeze or deploy the Miner to stop an incoming attack. If this happens, make sure to always prepare to counter your enemy.
Mix Strategy Combo (Offense & Defense):
With these decks, you can play a lot of combos such as Lavaloon with Freeze, Balloon Freeze, or Miner Hound together. Various gameplays can be successful because each deck supports one another. A Bowler Lava is also an epic combo, especially if tagged with some spells and cheap supports.
For cheap yet effective mashups, use the Hog Rider with Minions or with the Goblin Gang. A Miner Minion synergy is also attainable. Just make sure to use the right spells to counter the enemies’.
Drop your supporting units one by one. With this, you can avoid elixir loss if the enemy tries to attack your team through spells.
Make sure that you wait for the enemies’ range troops to cross the bridge before countering them with the Mega Minion.
Talk to your teammate to further strategize on who to act or what to use in a certain situation to avoid card or elixir disadvantage.
Three Musketeers, Executioner or any Splasher Decks might become a challenge to these decks.
Special thanks to GamerCory and NateTheGreat for these decks!
These decks are really awesome if played well. A lot of combos are available that are really useful in both offensive and defensive plays.
Good luck in your future clan battles, Chief!
Do you have Clash Royale decks you want us to feature? Feel free to use our SUBMIT A DECK feature on the site. If it is looking good, we will feature it on the site just like these USER SUBMITTED DECKS.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter: crpedia_com to get in touch with us and have the latest news on Clash Royale!
If you like this article, please follow us:
#ClashRoyale Poll and Pulse:— Clash Royalepedia (@crpedia_com) October 2, 2018
How are you after the October 2018 Balance update?
|Electro Dragon • Goblin Giant • Royal Recruits • Royal Hogs • All Card Profiles|
|Clash Royalepedia - Main Pages|
|Guides • Tips • Strategy • Clan Battles • Legendary Glitch? • Site Updates • SUBMIT A DECK • User Submitted Decks|
|Clash Royale Arena|
|Arena 2 • Arena 3 • Arena 4 • Arena 5 • Arena 6 • Arena 7 • Arena 8 • Arena 9 • Arena 10 •|
|Card Deck Strategies|
Bandit • Bats • Battle Ram • Bowler • Cannon Cart • Dart Goblin • Electro Dragon • Electro Wizard • Elite Barbarians • Executioner • Flying Machine • Giant • Goblin Giant • Golem • Graveyard • Heal • Hog Rider • Hunter Decks • Ice Wizard • Inferno Dragon • Lava Hound • The Log • LumberJack • Magic Archer • Mega Knight • Miner • Night Witch • P.E.K.K.A • Prince • Princess • Rascals • Royal Ghost • Royal Hogs • Royal Recruits • Sparky • Sparky • Tornado • Zappies Decks • All Card Decks