|Click here to download the app on iTunes. For instructions, click here.|
| Our list of the best Clash Royale Dart Goblin Decks is now out! Check it out here!|
Check out the Jungle Arena Here!!
|Want to know the most popular and worst cards in the game today? Here’s a list created for dedicated players out there!|
Note: The ranking in this article is purely based on the card usage list in Stats Royale.
As the game receives constant updates, we tried to look for the best and worst cards in the arena today. We believe that this ranking strongly reflects what players see in the ongoing meta. Are you ready?
Check it quick below!
Best Cards in the Game:
- Zap: Zap is one of the most useful cards in any arenas. Its 2-elixir cost can clear out the way for your push troops. It can annihilate any kind of low HP troops and can severely damage air units such as Minions and Minion Horde. Not only that, with a lot of crazy decks today, Zap can easily deal, distract and ruin the enemy’s move. One of the best and cheap spells in the arena.
- Fireball: Same with the Zap, from the past up to the present, this spell is viable in any arenas. The Fireball can be the best elixir trade among big threats in the game. It can also wreck towers if played wisely. Use this spell to have a clutch win in a losing game, Chief!
- Skeleton Army: The received buff of this army made it handy in all arenas today. It can simply stop bulky units, distract air troops and can be a tower wrecker if left unattended. With only 3-elixir, the Skeleton Army can be very deadly in both offense and defense. That’s why it deserves to be one of the best units in the arena today.
|Hog Rider||Mega Minion||Giant|
- Hog Rider: Hog Rider is undoubtedly one of the best units in the game. From lower arenas up to Arena 10, any cards can be a great support with this tower wrecker. Old or new cards, the Hog Rider can shine continuously if played smartly.
- Mega Minion: This armored Minion is still the best support for your main unit. In Slow-push decks, Bait decks, Fast-Cycle decks — the Mega Minion can help you on both offense and defense. It received a nerf, yet players find them useful up until this day.
- Giant: If you say slow-push decks, a Giant deck will always be on top. This biggy will always be on the game’s meta whatever happens. Its 5-elixir cost makes it viable from early arenas up to the top.
Worst Cards in the Game (Base on Usage):
- Tesla: Though this building received a buff long time ago, it's still not enough to make it viable. The Tesla's damage is fine, yet many players still don't see its worth against current popular decks roaming in particular arenas.
- Mortar: Lack of great support for this building card might be one of the reasons why it is one of the least use cards in the game. Though there are skilled players who are great in using the Mortar, countering it is easy using popular decks today. Even a normal created deck can fairly deal with a Mortar-based set of cards.
- Bomb Tower: In the past seasons, the Bomb Tower can be seen in almost all decks in the arena. But a lot of things changed. This made the building less viable, especially in higher arenas. What do you think it needs to become popular again?
- Skeletons: One of the best supporting units of almost all decks in the past is now on the worst list today. Its 1-elixir cost made it OP having four Larrys intact. But after the nerf it received, together with almost all units it supports in the past, the Skeletons card is now ignored by many. Don’t worry Larry, you are still helpful if you are summoned from the Witch’s magic or from the Tombstone.
- X-Bow: Though it is being seen in tournaments, In this season's meta, the Xbow is still not yet hitting the limelight in upper arenas. This risky unit might be worth a try but depending on how its enemy deal with it, it can be wrecked easily if not guarded fully.
- Barbarian Hut: Even in lower arenas, only a few uses a Hut or Spawner Deck as their front liners. Spells are really a nuisance especially in the current meta. With a lot of low elixir spells available, making a great swarm deck is kind of hard.
Being in the list does not mean all players enjoy/hate utilizing the said units/spells/buildings. This is just a rating where most of the current Clashers find these cards viable in their current arena.
Honestly, I am not surprised on the least used cards in the game today. Their stats might be real fine, but having a stable deck with them will need more time for players to create.
What’s your stand about this current list? Do you have any opinions on other units that might be included in this article? Share it with us in our comment section below!
Special thanks to Stats Royale for this ladder ranking! Information is based on statsroyale.com as of December 20, 2016
Article written by Forrest
Last modified: 6,01,2017
| Couldn't find the Deck, Troop, Spell or Building you're looking for? Click the image below to direct you to our list of Clash Royale card deck strategies! |
| Cards not yet available on your Arena? Click the image below to direct you to our list of Clash Royale Arenas! |
- Why make tesla when you have a cheaper and better cannon -- 07:07, 23 December 2016 (UTC)
- All true -- 07:03, 23 December 2016 (UTC)
- Guys page is now updated! -- 16:15, 20 December 2016 (UTC)
- hmm -- 16:14, 20 December 2016 (UTC)
- I agree with you-although I don't use it, it's made me rage quit many times! -- 19:13, 19 December 2016 (UTC)
- Furnace is the best spawner in game, definitely worth upgrading -- 23:55, 16 December 2016 (UTC)
- Baby dragon can really good if You use it right -- 04:43, 15 December 2016 (UTC)
- I think the worst cards are giant skelly, Tesla, elite barbs -- 16:26, 14 December 2016 (UTC)
- 1. furnace is the best spawner ingame and is deadly 2. i use a giant because it is better than a royal giant -- 03:06, 9 December 2016 (UTC)
- This is good for noobs -- 03:53, 3 December 2016 (UTC)
- i dont think you need to upgrade the skeletons or goblins -- 22:07, 27 November 2016 (UTC)
- They removed the extra Larry it's 16 now you put it to three elixir and that's updated but not the writing -- 05:06, 26 November 2016 (UTC)
- They removed the extra Larry it's 16 now you put it to three elixir wick -- 05:05, 26 November 2016 (UTC)
- Skeleton army it's good and very useful If you can use it right -- 05:03, 26 November 2016 (UTC)
- Pls stop cussing, k -- 22:35, 23 November 2016 (UTC)
- Fuggin update dis fuggin page on this fuggin site fug you -- 22:35, 23 November 2016 (UTC)
- Update now sobs -- 22:34, 23 November 2016 (UTC)
- Please update this list. Buffs and nerfs have turned this list obsolete for players. get skeleton army and furnace out of the worst card list. -- 21:18, 21 November 2016 (UTC)
- 3 Musketeers are terrible because of their slicer cost and all u need to do is throw a fireball or lightning -- 02:39, 19 November 2016 (UTC)
- Update this now pls -- 03:00, 17 November 2016 (UTC)
- lol -- 10:40, 13 November 2016 (UTC)
- Same person as below: GS got me to arena 8. Is that terrible justification? It takes no skill to use to win. Especially with ice wizard, valkyrie, the log, and maybe some other support troops. -- 02:09, 13 November 2016 (UTC)
- Giant Skeleton is best thing in universe. -- 02:07, 13 November 2016 (UTC)
- Yeet -- 04:13, 12 November 2016 (UTC)
- I agree with all of these. Except the skeletons. Even tho their cost is low, they're not good enough. -- 20:22, 11 November 2016 (UTC)
- Yep, it is a good card now. Its splash damage is death. T__T -- 11:40, 11 November 2016 (UTC)
- Hey furnace is quite good i hate furnace if enemy use it -- 15:07, 10 November 2016 (UTC)
- like a prince rushing at ur tower -- 19:56, 9 November 2016 (UTC)
- like a prince rushing at ur tower -- 19:56, 9 November 2016 (UTC)
- why upgrade skeleton its only for bait right??????????? -- 19:55, 9 November 2016 (UTC)
- wow -- 19:54, 9 November 2016 (UTC)
- royal giant -- 09:39, 3 November 2016 (UTC)
- Giant skeleton -- 05:24, 27 October 2016 (UTC)
- I'm in arena 9 and I use skeleton army. The only reason people say it sucks it's cause they don't know how to use it right . I have kill splash unit troops with a skeleton army . It only sucks to people that don't know how to use the card. -- 23:30, 19 October 2016 (UTC)
- skeleton army op againist giants prince, mini pekka, though its easily killed by bomber, valkkyrie, and fireball, zap and arrows -- 20:09, 18 October 2016 (UTC)
- Baby dragon is so good don't know how u can say it's not -- 11:55, 17 October 2016 (UTC)
- Which is better, Royal Giant or Giant? -- 23:53, 13 October 2016 (UTC)
- fds -- 23:52, 13 October 2016 (UTC)
- Are you serious?!?!? Knight is a great card! NO, GOBLINS AND SKELETONS cannot take down the knight. Get your info right. It has a good attack speed for a tank and I have played against goblins and skeleton, and he took them down with about 20-30% hp lost. -- 06:30, 11 October 2016 (UTC)
- Baby Dragon is one of the best cards. -- 10:47, 8 October 2016 (UTC)
- HOW CAN SKELETONS TAKE OUT PEKKA? THAT IS COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE!!!! -- 23:12, 4 October 2016 (UTC)
- True, x bow sucks -- 23:09, 4 October 2016 (UTC)
- LOL prince can be countered by a cannon -- 18:42, 2 October 2016 (UTC)
- No ,baby dragon is one of the most best card -- 11:38, 2 October 2016 (UTC)
- Lol is this a joke. My tesla can take out a royale giant. -- 07:10, 2 October 2016 (UTC)
- That really depend on what deck you are using. :) -- 07:00, 13 September 2016 (UTC)
- Which is better goblin barrel or guards -- 11:19, 11 September 2016 (UTC)
- Game child -- 01:31, 20 August 2016 (UTC)
- I think u should just upgrade the cards in ur deck and if u need to use other cards u can also upgrade them right away -- 14:34, 1 August 2016 (UTC)
- A witch. Since she can pair up with the Giant to provide a good push, together with her skeletons. -- 08:31, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
- I am in Arena 3. Which should I upgrade,A witch or a Baby dragon -- 03:25, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
- Oh page is updated to reflect what's useless and what's not! -- 15:38, 4 July 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, we will be updating the page soon! Thank you. -- 03:20, 4 July 2016 (UTC)
- You are so stupid! Skeletons can easily do big damage to princes, pekkas, and semi-tanks. Zap spell is cheap to use and can be very useful, it also does a stun effect so it will reset the target of those stunned. And tesla is CANCER, it does low damage, at a low attack rate, and is very weak, and it can't attract hog riders (which happens to be the most popular card in the game). The skeleton army sucks too, be cause it is taken out by arrows, fireball, and troops that deal splash damage. -- 11:32, 3 July 2016 (UTC)
- agreed. the list should be updated. -- 10:37, 22 June 2016 (UTC)
- zap and skeltons are good skeltons cantake out the pekka and zap has a 1 second stun -- 00:33, 15 June 2016 (UTC)