| Check out the newest decks in our Fresh Decks page! | Play with the new Gob Giant with the best Goblin Giant Decks!|
Check out what's new in the September 3, 2018 Balance Update!
|A well-balanced deck for both counter push and creating push by yourself. This Lava Hound + Mega Minion push can also devastate everything in their path!|
Mega Minion is one of the most amazing new cards in Clash Royale right now. It is much more valuable than the Minions, and it is a beast on the defensive end. Godson has created a deck that utilize three legendary cards for an amazing push with mega minion.
- This deck is part of our Best Mega Minion Deck List
A level 7 Mega Minion can tank its way defensively as long as there is no Fireball since it can eliminate it or lessen its health by 80%-90%. It is almost good as a dead unit. However, if you place it right alongside Lava Hound, then it can tank its way towards the crown tower and deal heavy damage to it.
Mega Minion Deck:
|Mega Minion||Barbarians||Zap||Lava Hound|
|Elixir Collector||Minion Horde||Miner||Princess|
- Mega Minion: This will be your main defensive unit. You may also use it for doing a push alongside Lava Hound
- Barbarians: Another great defensive unit against tanks and Hog Rider. It has enough health to start a counter-push.
- Zap: A very useful and cheap spell card to stun enemies for 0.5 seconds. It can also deal the final damage to the tower if it has low health.
- Lava Hound: This will be your main tank. Make sure to follow through with other units to make it more effective. Its lava pups are as dangerous as two Musketeers.
- Elixir Collector: It is an essential card if you have more than or equal to 4 elixir average. It may bait Fireball and Miner so place it carefully.
- Minion Horde: Another defensive and support unit. It may be quite expensive as a defensive unit. However, if your opponent does not have a counter to it, then it is almost guaranteed to destroy your opponent's tower.
- Miner Irreplaceable: A very useful distraction for the opponent's tower. You may also use it to destroy defensive building so your Lava Hound can move freely without distractions.
- Princess Irreplaceable: A great defensive card and has a long range. It can also do some cheap shots toward the opponent's tower.
At the start of the match, do not deploy anything until you reach max elixir. You may deploy your Elixir Collector if you have it on your hand. You may also deploy the Princess at the back of your tower to start a little push and to check what cards your opponent has. Do not over commit until you know all his cards. You may also drop your Miner to the opponent's tower or Elixir Collector (if he deploys one). For sure, he will try to stop the Miner with his units.
When he tries to push with his units, you have two units you can deploy in this situation, Minion Horde or Barbarians. Both cost the same, but I believe Barbarians is much better since they are sturdier than Minion Horde. If your opponent has splash damage, you can deploy Mega Minion or Miner in front of that unit. Once you manage to defeat his push, you can start your own with Lava Hound (do it unless your units are all killed in the process of defending your lane).
What makes the Lava Hound dangerous is because it has so much health and it has Lava Pups that can be really troublesome if left alone. If you have cycled through your Mega Minion. Make sure to drop it behind your Lava Hound. These two only cost 10 elixirs all in all. Use Zap if your opponent tries to counter with low hp units such as Ice Spirit, Fire Spirits, etc. Do not over commit especially if the Mega Minion manages to reach your opponent's tower. It can deal heavy damage and may even destroy your opponent's tower in the process. You may deploy Miner or Princess to do some more damage and to distract other units, as well.
Once the 60-second hit marks, make sure you have deployed one to two elixir collectors to pressure your enemy. Keep using the Lava Hound + Mega Minion combo, but also add Miner immediately to distract the tower. Lava Hound can easily be distracted, so the Miner can deal decent amount of damage towards the tower if he is not targeted.
The main problem is that it lacks a defensive building to distract building-only tanks to go to the middle. Although, you have Barbarians to counter the tank. You may also use the Elixir Collector to bait the tank, but make sure to defeat the tank before it reaches your elixir collector.
It also lacks AOE type unit. The Princess may be enough, but having two may be more useful in this type of deck. Also, the legendary cards are irreplaceable in this deck, although you may use Archers and Hog Rider to replace Princess and Miner. However, this may cause some problems and the strategy is going to be much different.
I would like to thank Godson for this amazing new deck!
Related Deck Strategies:
| Deck Strategies for Arena 8|
Arena 8, the Frozen Peak Arena replaces the Arena which is now moved and called as the Arena 9, Legendary Arena. Check out some of the decks to use and win in this arena!
| New Mega Minion Deck for Arena 8 |
A brand new and modified Air Deck featuring Mega Minion to troll and rage unsuspecting players in Clash Royale.
| Giant Mega Minion Beatdown Deck |
A no legendary card beatdown deck that is perfect for Arena 7 and 8! A complete devastation with classic troops and a twist from the Mega Minion.
This Mega Minion + Lava Hound Combo is amazing, to be honest. It has the units to defend your lane successfully and doing the counter push is much easier with the supporting units, such as Princess. If you have these three legendary cards, do not hesitate to try this deck.
What do you think?
For more Clash Royale Strategies, always click on the sidebar or in any related articles below!
Article written by: KarlSanada
Last modified: 6, 01, 2017
| Couldn't find the Deck, Troop, Spell or Building you're looking for? Click the image below to direct you to our list of Clash Royale card deck strategies! |
| Cards not yet available on your Arena? Click the image below to direct you to our list of Clash Royale Arenas! |
- Mortor -- 22:56, 12 October 2016 (UTC)