| Announcements: The August 2017 Balance Update has shaken the Meta!|
Card Substitutions & Comments welcome in the article below!
3.0 Mortar Cycle Deck for Arena 8 and Above
Don't be discouraged if you're F2P and want to battle it out with the best. This deck will help you reach Arena 11 and go to the leagues!
This article had a major update on .
Overview and Strength:
This deck is by Retaliation featured by Clash With Ash. Retaliation is a 100% F2P player who made it in the top of the leaderboards AKA ladder. He beat top pro players with this F2P account with only just a level 2 Miner.
- Don't have the Miner but you have lots of Mortars?? Click here for the Best Mortar Decks!
3.0 Mortar Cycle Deck:
|Minion Horde||Mortar||Skeletons||The Log|
- Arrows - Specially made for Skeleton Army, Princess, Goblin Gang and Minion Horde.
- Barbarians - Main defense units. Use them to shut down bridge spams or even Three Musketeers.
- Ice Spirit - Use it as a cycle card or for a cheap freeze.
- Miner - Tanker for your counter-push. Use him to tank for your Minion Horde.
- Minion Horde - Great for countering opponents and can deal a massive damage to a tower if tanked by the Miner.
- Mortar - Versatile building for both offense and defense. It can target incoming units or lock on to a tower.
- Skeletons - For 1 elixir, they can lure and deal chip damage to an opponent.
- The Log - Pushes back foes or eliminate cheap ones.
- Miner - It is hard to replace the Miner in this deck but if you don't have the Miner, you can sub him for a Knight. If you decide to use the Knight, replace the Minion Horde for the cheaper Minions.
- More Knight decks here
Clash Royale Strategy:
The Ideal Strategy of this deck is to use the Mortar to offset your opponent's push. If your foe is trying to make a huge expensive push, put the Mortar at the other lane so he won't have a choice but to answer it. Use the Minion Horde or Barbarians to counter and then deploy the Miner towards the crown tower for a chip damage plus tank for your remaining Minion Horde or Barbarians.
Your strategy is going to be the same all throughout the game. You can place the Mortar early on or try to cycle through your cards first by placing cheap units such as the Ice Spirit or Skeletons. In case you need to defend, use the Barbarians or Minion Horde but think of the counter spells your opponent has. You don't want to be crippled by a Fireball or Arrows.
Your main defenses here are both the Barbarians and Minion Horde. After their counter, use the Miner to shoot straight towards the Crown Tower, use The Log or Arrows and then your Barbarians and Minion Horde will soon follow.
You can cycle your cards often. Lean heavily on Barbarians if you must to not bank on 10 elixirs and cycle your Mortar. You can also go defensively and get a draw if you place the Mortar in the middle of your base and defend with your two 5 elixir units.
A Huge weakness of this deck is spells. You should know if the opponent has a Fireball or Arrows. Try to make your counter-push good by checking if these cards are in his rotation or not. Take note of his cards and you're all clear.
Clash with Ash became a Mortar believer with this Mortar Cycle. It can shut down the most popular meta.
Ever since Clash Royale went out globally, I received a ton of Mortars from Chests. I never used a Mortar at all in the duration of the game. It is still at level 1. But seeing this deck, I might test it out in my own ladder matches. It looks pretty solid and cycle decks are becoming quite my favorite strategy. Let me know what you think by using the comment box below!
Do you have Clash Royale decks you want us to feature? Feel free to use our SUBMIT A DECK feature on the site. If it is looking good, we will feature it on the site just like these USER SUBMITTED DECKS.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter: crpedia_com to get in touch with us and have the latest news on Clash Royale!
Curing the itch from video games by Itchy Monkey
If you like this article, please follow us:
|Mega Knight • Cannon Cart • Flying Machine • Skeleton Barrel • All Card Profiles|
|Clash Royalepedia - Main Pages|
|Guides • Tips • Strategy • Clan Battles • Legendary Glitch? • Site Updates • Deck Builder • SUBMIT A DECK • User Submitted Decks|
|Clash Royale Arena|
|Arena 2 • Arena 3 • Arena 4 • Arena 5 • Arena 6 • Arena 7 • Arena 8 • Arena 9 • Arena 10 •|
|Card Deck Strategies|
Bandit • Bats • Battle Ram • Bowler • Cannon Cart • Dart Goblin • Electro Wizard • Elite Barbarians • Executioner • Giant • Goblin Gang • Golem • Graveyard • Heal • Hog Rider • Ice Wizard • Inferno Dragon • Lava Hound • The Log • LumberJack • Miner • Night Witch • P.E.K.K.A • Prince • Princess • Sparky • Tornado • All Card Decks
Comment on this Article: